How to create a free SSL certificate using ZeroSSL and CNAME
Secure Socket Layer(SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) are security protocols to secure communication between server and client. A TLS/SSL certificate (commonly known as SSL certificate) is required to enable TLS/SSL in your site and serve your website using
This article explains how to get SSL certificate from ZeroSSL, a trusted certificate authority.
- Create a ZeroSSL account and login.
- Click ‘New Certificate’
- Enter the domain name and click next
- Select the validity as 90 days
- Autogenerate/ manually update the CSR
- Select the free plan and proceed to verify the domain.
- Add the CNAME in you domain registrar.
Note: For GoDaddy, only add the name up to the first dot in name field of CNAME record.
- Download the certificate after successful verification.